Problem with expansion of %{Ldap-UserDn} containing UTF-8 (cf. Bug #411)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 27 14:40:38 CEST 2007

Enrik Berkhan wrote:
>>   Change it to allow UTF-8.  Most modern systems support this.
>
> So, this could be done using iconv(), for example. Would this be ok?

  No.  iconv() returns error on invalid UTF-8 sequence.  What we want is
to escape invalid UTF-8 sequences.

> Hmm, I've just looked at HEAD: there, vp_prints_value() has a special
> case (delimitst < 0) used by valuepair2str in xlat.c explicitly to make
> vp_prints_value() 8bit clean ... now I'm a bit confused ...

  That isn't good enough.  The input character stream should be
sanitized for UTF-8.

> May be just put this on the 1.1.x branch instead?

  If CVS head is fixed, that's a Good Thing.  If 1.1.x is broken, we can
release a patched version at some point.