problem with proxy and 2.0pre2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 28 10:26:51 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>      home_server test0 {
>                                  ipaddr = my.domain.ac.uk
>
> works though :)

  Great.  I'll delete the "hostname" configuration entry.

>>   The larger problem is "what do you mean by a hostname"?  In many
>> cases, there will be one IPv4/v6 address for a hostname.  If there is
>> more than one...
>>
> Expand the address record into multiple home servers, each deriving
> their secrets/ports from the original.
>
> Then if the original home server is referenced in a pool, add all the
> other ones associated with it...

  I'd add that only as a special option, I think.  Such behavior may be
surprising..

>>   The "type" in 1.1.x didn't do anything, and was there just for show.
>> I don't think it's necessary at all here.
>>

> Erm ... above feature needs it ?

  "type" is needed in the "realms" structure for NEW style realms.

  The example uses "type = radius" for OLD style realms.  It's not
necessary for those realms, as it was never used.  And "type = radius"
is not valid for new style realms.

  So that entry in the examples isn't necessary, and can be deleted.