Conflict in attribute value for RFC 2868 dictionary

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 12 13:33:12 CET 2007

Geoffroy Arnoud wrote:
> I am wondering why the dictionary.rfc2868 isn't
> conform with RFC 2868.

  Weird.  Looking at CVS, the dictionary was created before the RFC, so
my suspicion is that it matches the drafts, but not the final document

> I think that the dictionary is broken, but updating it
> may have impact on existing deployements, using
> attribute values to set AVpairs.

  I think that's possible, but not likely.  Only the numbers 2,3, and 4
are wrong.  The higher numbers were added later, and are correct.  So
only people using X25, ATM, or Frame-Relay will be affected... except
that the NASes likely use the correct numbers, so they won't be using
the wrong values for 2..4.

> If required, I can post a patch.

  Please.