--with-udpfromto under Linux and FreeBSD

Patrick Sudowe sudowe at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 16 16:13:56 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

is there a reason why WITH_UDPFROMTO is not enabled by default on Linux
and FreeBSD systems?
Shouldn't the autoconf notice that this feature is supported on the host
system, and accordingly activate the feature?
I believe that the feature is only available on Linux and FreeBSD, but I
might be wrong.

It took me a while to go through the code and find that feature. My
Linux based server would not respond with the right address when
configured to bind to *. (this is v1.1.4 I am talking about)
At first I suspected a bug and wanted to fix it. Then I realized that
everything was already there, but not activated.

./configure --with-udpfromto

activates the feature. The server now responds with the right IP and
everything works flawlessly.

The switch --with-udpfromto is explained nowhere in the INSTALLATION
file nor in the webbased documentation.

A couple minutes ago I added the hint to the freeradius wiki. So
hopefully others will find this feature more easily.

regards,
Patrick Sudowe

Network Operation Center
Computing and Communication Center              RWTH Aachen University
Wendlingweg 10 (office 207)                     52074 Aachen (Germany)