rlm_ldap and TLS

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Feb 19 01:15:01 CET 2007

On February 13, 2007 6:37:53 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc at highlandsun.com>
wrote:
>> > /From rlm_ldap.c in CVS,
>> /
>> Line 2088, on what systems is ldap_int_tls_config() exposed?  This is
>> available in libldap (sloppy on OpenLDAP's part IMHO) but not in ldap.h.
>>

> ldap_int_* symbols are meant only for internal use in the library. These
> symbols have never been exposed in any public API.

Yes, obviously they are meant only for internal use.  My comment (and
I was definitely overstating the case by using the word "sloppy") was
just that the internal-only symbols should be scoped so that they are
only available internally to the library.

<http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/articles/symbol_scope.html>

I don't know if this is possible on all platforms.

-frank