New FreeRADIUS module: rlm_backcounter

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sat Feb 24 15:47:52 CET 2007

On Fri 23 Feb 2007 20:37, Pawel Foremski wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've finished next FreeRADIUS module, rlm_backcounter, which can be used
> to implement various end-user limits basing on counting resource usage in
> defined time period. Seems like classic monthly bandwidth usage limits,
> eh? Not really, it has a bit more to offer :-).
>
> Main differences to the classic approach are: counters count back, they
> can be resetted for each user individually and each user is given two
> counters - one being periodically resetted by the module itself, and one
> which it can only decrease (a "prepaid" counter).

Can you provide a comparison of how its better than rlm_sqlcounter?

> More information: http://projects.asn.pl/freemods/wiki/rlm_backcounter
> SVN repo: http://svn.asn.pl/freemods/trunk/rlm_backcounter/
>
> The code has just been finished, so be sure to test it before using in
> production environments.

Would you like this code to go into cvs?

Do you plan to add/support different sql databases in future? It's not
critical that you do, we thank you for the code contribution either way but
at some point someone will try to use postgresql or some other database (me
for example :-) and someone will need to support it...

Same question applies to rlm_netvim_pools...

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/