Need help in writing a radius client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jan 6 02:17:03 CET 2007

Peter Nixon wrote:
> Actually. Alan and I have been discussing the lack of a good, clean,
> documented, open source radius client library for some time now.

  There are a number of organizations and/or projects who have writen
their own RADIUS client implementations.  Most do not have the
functionality of the FreeRADIUS implementation, which limits their
utility.  Some people don't like the LGPL, or are unaware that the
RADIUS library code in FreeRADIUS is distributed under the LGPL.  Others
 need a different API than

  I believe it's useful to have a BSD licensed RADIUS client library
with similar functionality to the FreeRADIUS implementation.  It doesn't
need to do everything that the FreeRADIUS library does, but it has to do
more than existing client implementations.