New dynamic IP pools module

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sat Jan 27 18:17:12 CET 2007

On Sat 27 Jan 2007 13:18, Pawel Foremski wrote:
> On Saturday 27 January 2007 08:42, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > Pawel Foremski wrote:
> > > Porting would require making the database access method more general,
> > > and probably rewriting some SQL queries (or just making them
> > > configurable) -- just in case someone wants to volunteer ;-).
> >
> >   It might not be too hard.  We'll see.  If we do add the module, it's
> > probably best to call it something other than "netvim".
>
> Yeah, sure. Feel free to rename it.

Any suggestions?

> My original intention to share the  code was just to show another approach,

Thanks. We appreciate others contributing!

> probably inspiring someone to take  it and make better suited for inclusion
in FreeRADIUS.

> However, with such design, one would most certainly need a user interface
> to manage the IP pools and host groups, as it's quite hard to do this by
> hand (although possible).

Yep. We need a web interface to rlm_sqlippool also, but unfortunately the
interface we use is embedded into a larger webapp which we won't be
releasing and we haven't had the time to write something releasable as yet.

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/