possibly acceptable workaround for rlm_perl/dlopen problem on Debian

Enrik Berkhan enrik#freeradius at planb.de
Fri Jul 6 15:07:01 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok schrieb:
>   Except you can't dlopen libperl.so, because it doesn't exist on the
> system.  Instead, you've got to dlopen libperl.so.5.8.
>
>   No.  That's broken.

You would never dlopen libperl.so. If you dlopen another package's
shared library, you should always use versioned ones. Otherwise, you'll
be trapped by every ABI change.

The exact version of libperl.so.x.y that has to be used should be
determined by autotools (may be with help by ExtMod:: stuff).

>   It's horrible.

It's a workaround. Thus, it must be horrible. Otherwise, it would be a
solution.

Additionally, I didn't mean to integrate this in FreeRADIUS directly but
to be considered by the Debian FreeRADIUS maintainers.

Enrik