processing include files

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 8 18:50:30 CEST 2007

Enrik Berkhan wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Doesn't AC_CONFIG(include/freeradius-client.h) work? There is no special
>> logic in autoconf that checks file types as far as I know.
>
> I think this works without polluting any namespace.

  If that works, great.  Last I looked (a while ago), this didn't seem
possible.

> configure.in:
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(inttypes.h,
>                  [INCLUDE_INTTYPES='#include <inttypes.h>'],
>                  [INCLUDE_INTTYPES='/* inttypes.h not available on this
> system */'])
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(stdint.h,
>                  [INCLUDE_STDINT='#include <stdint.h>'],
>                  [INCLUDE_STDINT='/* stdint.h not available on this
> system */'])
> AC_SUBST(INCLUDE_INTTYPES)
> AC_SUBST(INCLUDE_STDINT)

  That's a whole lot saner than the "autoconf.h" and "#ifdef HAVE_FOO"
nonsense we use right now.

  I'll see if I can wrap a macro around that example, so there's even
less typing to do:

  AC_NON_STUPID_CHECK_HEADERS(inttypes.h, stdint.h)

--> defines HAVE_*, INCLUDE_*, etc.