CoA integration

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 20 00:04:58 CEST 2007

On Thu 19 Jul 2007, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Peter Nixon wrote:
> > Now, to me it makes sense to keep the CoA secret in the NAS table (or
> > clients.conf) as a RADIUS client and a CoA server are almost always
> > going to share information (ie. be the same thing) and in cases where
> > they are not we could either leave out the CoA secret or the RADIUS
> > shared secret..
>
>   Sure.
>
> > With that logic I plan to add a "coasecret" field to the NAS table (same
> > can be done for clients.conf). Does anyone have anything against this
> > plan?
>
>   Nope.
>
>   For 2.0, the NAS table should also have a "listener" or "virtual
> server" key.  Clients can have different shared secrets with each socket
> that the server is listening on...

Hmm.. OK. I was looking at that stuff today and wondering about that. Can we
call them vhosts? Everyone already knows what that means from apache...

Also, I was thinking that, while we are on a roll, maybe we should rename
clients.conf to nas.conf given that with CoA the hosts listed there may be
client, server or both....

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon