developping a custom authentication module

MACHANI Ouahiba O.MACHANI at oberthurcs.com
Mon Jun 18 14:19:28 CEST 2007

Thanks very much Alan,

But I steel can't see clearly.

"2 - What should I write exactly other than an rlm_ file ?
3- For a good beginning, what are the files that I should read first ?

  The files in doc/ ?  There *is* documentation on the modules & the API."

- To witch API do you refer?

I try to resume my needs.

1- The user will enter his username and "password||OTP" (password concatenated to OTP in the password prompt) (possible with PAP but other methods like CHAP ?? what do you thinkn?)

2- The module that I should write must first authenticate the username and password within a MS Active Directory and then validate the OTP.

3- The user have access accept only if he is authenticated and the OTP is validated.

Question:

1- since user should be authenticated within Active Directory, I thought about using the ntlm and kerb5 libraries. Doesn't this require using PAM configuration?
2- is there any better solution for this?

thanks

> I need to develop a custom authentication module to handle OTP
> authentication and integrate it to Freeradius server.
>
> My questions are :
>
> 1- are files with rlm_ prefix PAM modules or simply authentication modules?

  FreeRADIUS is not PAM.

> 2 - What should I write exactly other than an rlm_ file ?
> 3- For a good beginning, what are the files that I should read first ?

  The files in doc/ ?  There *is* documentation on the modules & the API.

  See also rlm_example

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html