freeradius-client updates

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jun 22 09:23:57 CEST 2007

On Fri 22 Jun 2007, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Chris Parker wrote:
> > I've been making progress on the freeradius-client library.
>
>   Looks good.  Could you also do "chmod -x *.c" in the CVS directory?
> Having executable C files is... odd.  Many of the text files appear to
> be executable, too...
>
> > The CVS head now contains some additional config checks to help with
> > some portability.
> >
> > Changed some 'unsigned int/int' to 'size_t'.
>
>   Some should probably ssize_t, too.  e.g. the return code from
> recvfrom().
>
>   I'd suggest also changing UINT4 to uint32_t, etc.  It's 2007, C has
> moved on from where it was in 1996. :)
>
> > ...  There is still some problem with
> > 'gethostby_*'
> > calls.  I created a wrapper for those, but when I define hosts by
> > name, instead
> > of by address, I'm still seeing packets launch off into the
> > stratosphere instead
> > of to the defined host(s).  This leads me to believe that there is
> > still some sort
> > of problem in the 'send_server()' logic.  It works perfectly if the
> > code defines
> > the servers via dotted-quad ( which is certainly far preferred ).
>
>   I'd check hp->h_addrtype && hp->h_length in the code, to be sure it's
> an IPv4 address.  Maybe also memcpy() hp->h_addr into a temporary
> variable?  Though h_addr should be aligned...
>
> > Unless there's any major problems that anyone sees, I think we're
> > ready to take
> > another snapshot of CVS head and release an updated version.
>
>   Sounds good to me.
>
>   It's getting close to the point where we'll need to release the
> dictionaries as a separate package, I think.

Yes. I think that is a good idea, especially given that the dictionaries are
being added to basically every month. I think it would make sense for the
dictionaries to have a different version scheme and be released on a much
more regular basis than the other client and server code bases as they don't
require much if any testing, and are very small in size.

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/