802.1x post Authentication and Authorization user processing

Nelson Freire do Vale nf-vale at critical-links.com
Tue Mar 20 11:23:39 CET 2007

Hi,

In my system freeradius 1.1.15 is configured (and working) for
performing  authentication and authorization of wireless and wired
clients through 802.1x.

But I need to perform an additional task and I wanted to know what would
be the best approach to do it:

- After the authentication and authorization process succeeds I need to
pass the authenticated/authorized username and mac address to my
firewall system in order to "authenticate" the client in my firewall.

If you people have any ideas of one possible good solution, please let
me know.

Thanks in advance

nelson