PAM Module Patch and Feature

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Mar 26 07:40:06 CEST 2007

On March 22, 2007 10:35:36 AM -0700 Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com>
wrote:
> On March 22, 2007 10:28:36 AM -0700 Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com>
> wrote:
>> The ruser feature has been commited.  Alan, could you roll up a new
>> release? -frank
>
> Actually, hold off on that.  I have another change I've been working on
> for awhile that I'd like to commit.

It's submitted.  Please make a new release whenever you are ready.

The new feature is a 'localifdown' option.  Previously, you would need
to be using Linux-PAM and the extended pam.conf syntax to ignore
PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL return values.  Now, with 'localifdown', the module
returns PAM_IGNORE instead of PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL, which works for
all pam stacks.

-frank