Debug output changes

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Thu May 3 13:59:54 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   I've just committed some fixes to debugging output.  It now prints the
> section names as it's parsing them:
>
>   foo {
> 	bar = stuff
>   }
>
>   Which is a lot cleaner than what was there before.  Also, the lines
> with brackets are indented one space for every section nesting, which
> makes it easier to track sections && subsections.
>
>   The rest of the messages printed out during server initialization have
> been normalized to a more standard form.
>
>   The debug output for handling packets has changed.  There's less text
> on the screen, which makes it easier to read (for the people who
> actually read it.)  It also shows some limited nesting via "+".  After
> some back and forth, I decided it was clearer to use "+" rather than
> anything else.  e.g.
>
> +- entering group authorize
> ++[foo] returns ok
> ++[bar] returns noop
> +- group authorize returns ok
>
>   The individual module debug output is still indented with spaces,
> which makes it easier to tell the difference between server messages &&
> module messages.
>
>   All told, it's very different from 1.x, and I hope much easier to
> understand.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog

It is , far far far easier to understand, especially when loading the
config files... as the text scrolling down the screen actually resembles
the config file you've just been editing.

Just to clarify with EAP

updated -> I need to do db lookups to get password hashes etc
ok -> I'm processing an eap conversation , so don't bother with the
other modules.
noop -> Theres no eap message so i'm not going to do anything.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer