Debug output changes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 3 16:24:48 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> So you've halved the load on the db for EAP-PEAP :)

  More than that, probably.  If you configure it as:

authorize {
	eap {
		handled = return
		ok = return

  Then the EAP Identity packet won't cause it to hit the DB, either.

> And now theres no need to mess about with Authz-Types ...
>
> So no need to put the original source ip in internally forwarded packets.

  It's still a useful feature.

> Ok well, thats fixed just about all the issues I had with freeRADIUS.

  The two things left for 2.0 are:

  - HUP handling
  - integration of detail file reading into the server core (partially done)

  The detail logic will allow some cool features:

  NAS ----+--> proxy ------> home server
          |      |
          |      | if home server is down
          \--- detail file

  i.e. "proxy requests to the home server.  If it's down, log them to
the detail file.  If there's stuff in the detail file, read it back, and
handle it again, just like it was a new request."

> Hows that book coming ? :)

  Slowly, unfortunately.