Gigaword support

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue May 29 18:25:11 CEST 2007

On Tue 29 May 2007, Stefan Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> something's attached, patch against current CVS HEAD. Inspired by Peter's
> postgresql snippet (:-0 is really necessary, the query will otherwise be
> f*cked up if not both attribs are present).

Yes. They ARE necessary ;-)

> I use this setup in our prod env now, and am shocked about our user's real
> network usage, now that I see more than the 4GB ceiling. I.e. it appears
> to work fine.

heh.

> While I was at it, I pretty-formatted one of the queries. I think these
> queries all-in-one-line are HORRIBLE to read or diff against (I have an x
> resolution of 3200 pixels and STILL there are multiple line-wraps in some
> of the queries!). Don't know if you like the style, if you do, I can also
> create a patch that beautifies all the other queries.

I suggest you "beautify" them in a similar method to the postgresql queries.
Please make sure to use spaces and not tabs on the multi-line indents as
tabs come out as garbage in debug logs which means you can't just copy and
paste a query from a debug log to the sql command prompt to see how it
works/why its failing.

Also, please resubmit in a decent diff format as per the docs :-)

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/