EAP Failure Reason

awaneesh kumar awaneeshkmr at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 05:53:04 CET 2007

Thanks! for your response.

  Does' it means that standards already have a way to specify this and we have not implemeted it? I mean does Radius standard already has attribute defined for this and we need to implement this on freeradius?

  Thanks

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
  awaneesh kumar wrote:
> Currently, when the authentication using specific EAP method fails, EAP
> server sends the Access-Reject with EAP payload indicating result as
> FAILURE.
> Is there a way by which EAP-Server can provide the exact reason of
> failure in Access-Reject? I mean is there any standard or Vendor
> specific attribute defined to indicate the failure reason.

No. Perhaps future changes will allow this, but it's not possible
right now.

Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html