freeradius-client-1.1.5

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Wed Nov 7 04:25:41 CET 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Eivind Naess wrote:

> Hi Freeradius users,
>
> I have a question regarding the freeradius-client (1.1.5). There is an
> example in that archive that shows you how to embed radius into your
> application in 50 lines of code or so. This example does not seem to
> be compiling at all, and thus the API for rc_config_init() and
> rc_add_config() is absent from the freeradius-client.h.
>
> Studying the lib/config.c the implementation is missing too, and the
> only way that I can set the configuration options is by writing a temp
> file with the options and have the library actually read the options
> from there. If you are really thinking of embedding Radius into you
> application you really want a different way such as rc_add_config
> (handle, keyword, value).
>
> Would anyone be interested in a patch for this?

That exists in CVS head version of the client.  :)

Please use the current CVS head version, as that has greatly expanded
the embedding capabilities of the client library.

If CVS head works well for you, please let us know, as it is due for
a 1.1.6 release, since there's new functionality.  It is just needed
some additional external testing I think.

Thanks!
-Chris