Freeradius client 1.1.5

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Mon Nov 12 22:50:14 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Eivind Naess wrote:

> Hi Freeradius-client developers!
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding the freeradius-client project.
>
> 1) When is freeradius-client-1.1.6 being released?

In the near future.  Before 2008.

There's some segfaults reported by the OpenSER folks that I want to
handle a little better.  Admittedly, they are not embedding it the
way that it's now designed to be embedded, but I think we can at
least return an error rather than SEGV.

> 2) Is there any roadmap for the freeradius-client, any chance that I
> could help participate taking it to version 2.0? In case what are the
> features being worked on?

1.x:

   Overall Goal: Introduce embedded capabilities, while maintaining
backwards compat as much
     as possible.

   o Internalize sequence number handling ( not use external file )
   o Expand cross-platform support
   o Improve cross-compiling

2.x:

   Overall Goal: Improve embedded capabilities.  No requirement to
maintain backwards compat.

   o Restructure code/logic in more sensible manner, since we're not
constrained by backwards compat.
   o Include standard RFC attributes via header, so no external
dictionary needed for those.
   o Add ability to pass VSA attributes via config option on
initialization.

Other suggestions as to what the community/users of the client lib
are looking for are certainly welcome.  Code/patches/testing/feedback
also very welcome.

-Chris