Common data structure between PEAP and Ms-CHAPv2

Aravinda babu aravinddepik at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 15 15:11:41 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your response.I checked the source code for examples.Please let me know
whether my understanding is correct or not.

In peap.c i checked the code of eappeap_process() routine.Is the username stored
in the below peap_tunnel strcuture in username member in VALUE_PAIR format is
same username passed to MS-CHAP ?

typedef struct peap_tunnel_t {
    VALUE_PAIR  *username;
    VALUE_PAIR  *state;
    int     status;
    int     default_eap_type;
    int     copy_request_to_tunnel;
    int     use_tunneled_reply;
    int     proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap;
    int     count;

} peap_tunnel_t;

Thanks in advance,

> Hi,
> In general cases EAP identity and MS-CHAP username are same but if someone sends EAP identity and
> MS-CHAP username different we want to check..

  OK...

> The PEAP module has access to the full request/response attributes, including the User-Name.Which variable in
> peap.c i have to use to get these details ?

  See the source code for examples.

> Is there any design doc to understand freeradius EAP module ?

  No.

  Alan DeKok.

In general cases EAP identity and MS-CHAP username are same but if
 someone sends EAP identity and
MS-CHAP username different we want to check.
The PEAP module has access to the full request/response attributes,
 including the User-Name.Which variable in
peap.c i have to use to get these details ?
Is there any design doc to understand freeradius EAP module ?

Thanks,

Aravinda babu wrote:
> Is there any datastructure common to MS-CHAP and PEAP ?

  No.

> or Is there any datastructure of MS-CHAP module visible
> in PEAP module ?

  No.

> Basically i want to send the details of Username in
> MS-CHAP response packet to PEAP module.How can i do that?

  Why?  The PEAP module has access to the full request/response
attributes, including the User-Name.

  Perhaps you could try explaining in more detail exactly what goal
you're trying to reach.

  Alan DeKok.