Automatic report from sources (radiusd) between 01.09.2007 - 02.09.2007 GMT

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 2 13:43:45 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon wrote:
> That is weird. I did not remove policy.txt or reformat anything. The commit I
> made can be seen by "cvs diff -r 1.30 -r 1.31 Makefile"

  Which were done by Nicolas, over a week ago.  The code in 2.0.0-pre2
is also what I expect.  That was released only 4 days ago, and the only
commit since then was by someone resembling "pnixon". :)

> These changes definitely were not made previously as yesterday's cvs snapshot
> failed to build when I uploaded it to the SUSE build server

  They're in 2.0.0-pre2.  It doesn't reference "realms" or "naspasswd"
in raddb/Makefile.

> so I went and
> investigated. I also did a cvs up in my local checkout before making these
> changes and committing, but cvs did give me a strange message about merging
> (dont remember the exact wording) when I committed.

  Hmm... me, too.  "conflict in merge", or something like that.  If you
do a series of "cvs update -r1.xx raddb/Makefile, you'll see the same thing.

> Given that the nightly cvs snapshots are performed by my server in Texas, and
> I also did a local cvs up on my notebook, I don't think I made a mistake
> here.. Is something screwy with our cvs server?

  Perhaps.  I have a number of complete backups, so that should help.

  Looking at the raw RCS files, the diff from 1.30 to 1.31 has realms &
naspasswd removed, policy.txt is added, and the text is reformatted.
The version in 1.32 has the FILES=... entry reverted back to exactly
what it was in 1.30.

  On the other hand, I have older checkouts I haven't updated, and the
version 1.31 there is definitely different from the version 1.31 in
2.0.0-pre2.

  The CVS commit logs on freeradius-devel say:

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2007-August/011683.html

  With 1.31 done by Nicolas.  However, they ALSO say:

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2007-August/011658.html

  with 1.31 done by me.  Oops.

  That's... odd.  So maybe someone did "cvs admin -o 1.31
raddb/Makefile", and nuked my changes.  You would have had my version of
1.31, while 2.0.0-pre2 has the one Nicolas committed.

  I don't know how it happened, but it does look weird.