PEAP fragmentation

Manuel Sánchez Cuenca msc at dif.um.es
Tue Sep 4 14:07:40 CEST 2007

Finally I have solved the problem including this code in
eaptls_ack_handler (eap_tls.c):

        case handshake:
                if (tls_session->info.handshake_type == finished) {
                        DEBUG2("  rlm_eap_tls: ack handshake is finished");
                        if (tls_session->dirty_out.used == 0) return
EAPTLS_SUCCESS;
                        //return EAPTLS_SUCCESS;
                }

                DEBUG2("  rlm_eap_tls: ack handshake fragment handler");
                /* Fragmentation handler, send next fragment */
                return EAPTLS_REQUEST;

In this way, if there is more data to send, a new fragment is sent. But...

Alan DeKok escribió:
>   Yes.  The TLS code inside of FreeRADIUS assumes that once the initial
> handshake is completed, that there is no more data to send.

Is this correct? I mean, why freeradius suppose that only in the initial
handshake are necessary fragments, the specification of PEAP says
somethig about it?

--
Manuel Sanchez Cuenca
email: msc at dif.um.es  |  manuelsc at um.es