PEAP fragmentation

Manuel Sánchez Cuenca msc at dif.um.es
Wed Sep 5 09:52:13 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok escribió:
>>>   Yes.  The TLS code inside of FreeRADIUS assumes that once the initial
>>> handshake is completed, that there is no more data to send.
>>>

>> Is this correct?
>>

>   Until now, yes.

But this assumption limits the protocol.

>> I mean, why freeradius suppose that only in the initial
>> handshake are necessary fragments, the specification of PEAP says
>> somethig about it?
>>

>   The specification of PEAP doesn't say much about that, so far as I recall.

When the specification of PEAP talks about fragmentation, it says:

"By including support for fragmentation and reassembly within PEAPv2,
methods leveraging PEAPv2 do not need to support this on their own."

And in the way fragmentation is implemented in freeradius, it is not
allowed. I mean, if fragmentation is allowed only in the handshake, new
protocols leveraging PEAP in freeradius need to implement fragmentation too.

--
Manuel Sanchez Cuenca
email: msc at dif.um.es  |  manuelsc at um.es
url: http://libra.inf.um.es/~lolo