Recent updates to 2.x

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 10:18:31 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   After trying 2.0.0-pre2 in a number of scenarios... I've committed
> some more code.
>
>  - realm "authhost" parsing was broken
>
>  - radclient doesn't die on receiving packets with bad signatures
>  - client sections can now have "ipaddr" or "ipv6addr" fields,
>    to use the same syntax as home servers, listen, etc.

Awesome, this makes things much easier ....
Now when proxy IPs and shared secrets change,  you can just update them
in a single config stanza and have it filter out to the rest of the config.
>    The old syntax is still allowed
>  - documentation for virtual servers in sites-available/README
>  - updated ChangeLog
>
>   I've also tested multiple virtual servers proxying requests to
> themselves with load balancing && failover.  Nice.  It makes a number of
> tests much easier to perform.

	"Added explicit $template foo.bar.baz function, which means that
	you no longer have to put those things into a separate file."

Is that templates as in set default values for a stanza templates, that you added a few months back ? Previously I noticed you could only use one templates section in the entire config... and although that works ok, it's harder to maintain. So allowing multiple template stanzas would be a good thing.

>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Arran