Recent updates to 2.x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 5 10:36:34 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>  - client sections can now have "ipaddr" or "ipv6addr" fields,
>>    to use the same syntax as home servers, listen, etc.
>>
> Awesome, this makes things much easier ....
> Now when proxy IPs and shared secrets change,  you can just update them
> in a single config stanza and have it filter out to the rest of the config.

  It gets better:

templates {
	foo {
		ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
		secret = "testing123
		type = auth
		port = 1812
client foo {
	$template templates.foo
}

listen {
	$template templates.foo
}

home_server foo {
	$template templates.foo
}

  The example isn't complete, of course, but it's pretty close.

>     "Added explicit $template foo.bar.baz function, which means that
>     you no longer have to put those things into a separate file."
>
> Is that templates as in set default values for a stanza templates, that
> you added a few months back ?

  Yes, but better.  Some simple examples with the existing templates
work.  More complex ones are problematic.  That's why I added the new
syntax as described above.  It's much cleaner in many respects.

>Previously I noticed you could only use
> one templates section in the entire config... and although that works
> ok, it's harder to maintain. So allowing multiple template stanzas would
> be a good thing.

  The new one allows the $template syntax to reference absolutely
anything in the configuration files.