PEAP fragmentation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 5 10:40:10 CEST 2007

Manuel Sánchez Cuenca wrote:
> But this assumption limits the protocol.

  Again, it has worked until now.  The limitation affects only changes
that no one has made, and no one has deployed.  So it's not really much
of a limitation, is it?

  If you're adding new functionality then yes, this limitation has to be
removed.

> When the specification of PEAP talks about fragmentation, it says:
>
> "By including support for fragmentation and reassembly within PEAPv2,

  Ah.  The server implements PEAPv0, not PEAPv2.

> And in the way fragmentation is implemented in freeradius, it is not
> allowed. I mean, if fragmentation is allowed only in the handshake, new
> protocols leveraging PEAP in freeradius need to implement fragmentation
> too.

  The current code also limits the implementation to PEAPv0.  So?

  When you add the code that implements PEAPv2, you have to update a
bunch of code.  I fail to see why this is a surprise.