perlembed and PERL_SYS_INIT3

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Thu Aug 14 21:06:15 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 05:43:20PM +0100, Stephen Gran said:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 05:11:34PM +0200, Alan DeKok said:
> > Stephen Gran wrote:
> > > http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/freeradius.git;a=commitdiff;h=4eca65e0814d697df22b001bdd7b4d1a493a64f9
> >
> >   Which calls malloc() for 4 pointers... and never calls free. :)
>
> Yeah, you are right about that.  Since we're in effect emulating argv, I
> wasn't so concerned about it, but I'll see what I can do.

It looks like I can free(embed) just above return 0 at the end of
perl_instantiate(), but I wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking
anything obvious before committing that.  The reason I'm hesitant is
because of the argv emulation, and I have no idea if something else deep
in the perl startup routines will still have a reference to it.

Thanks,
|  Stephen Gran                  | You knew the job was dangerous when you |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | took it, Fred.   -- Superchicken        |