2.1.3 and Solaris 9 compile errors

Anatoly S. Zimin anatolyz at team.co.ru
Thu Dec 25 14:21:07 CET 2008

On 10:32 Thu 25 Dec , Anders Holm wrote:
> Anatoly S. Zimin wrote:
> >> Greg Fuller wrote:
> >> [snip]
> >> $ cd /usr/local/src/freeradius-server-2.1.3/
> >> $ rm -rf src/modules/rlm_perl
> >>
> > This is not solution.
> > I am know how resolve this problem.
> > If anyone need this. Please ask me.
> > May be this solution need for developers.
> > I am long time useing FreeRadius on Solaris.
> > And I am know how to do this.
> >

> Post it to the list, and document it in the Wiki. Someone is bound to
> need a real solution to this problem.
>
> //anders
OK.
How to build rlm_perl module on Solaris 9/10.
Work on FreeRadius 1.x and 2.x
Set shell environment like LDFLAGS, LD_OPTIONS, and others.

# export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sfw/bin
# export LDFLAGS='-L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -L/lib -R/lib'
# export LD_OPTIONS='-L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -L/lib -R/lib'
# export CFLAGS='-I/usr/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/include/kerberosv5 -I/zones/src/freeradius-server-2.1.3/libltdl'
# /usr/sfw/bin/gtar -xvjf freeradius-*
# cd freeradius-*
# patch < solaris.rlm_perl.patch
  File to patch: src/modules/rlm_perl/configure
  done.
# ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install --with-openssl-includes=/usr/sfw/include --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/sfw/lib
# gmake
# gmake install

P.S. patch file in attach.
Where I got it?
I am read this in manual for gcc! :)

########################
       -mimpure-text
           -mimpure-text, used in addition to -shared, tells the compiler to
           not pass -z text to the linker when linking a shared object.  Using
           this option, you can link position-dependent code into a shared
           object.

           -mimpure-text suppresses the ``relocations remain against allocat-
           able but non-writable sections'' linker error message.  However,
           the necessary relocations will trigger copy-on-write, and the
           shared object is not actually shared across processes.  Instead of
           using -mimpure-text, you should compile all source code with -fpic
           or -fPIC.

           This option is only available on SunOS and Solaris.

And please somebody put this on freeradius Wiki.
Or include in main branch of freeradius.

Thanks a lot.

--
Anatoly S. Zimin