make install on CVS HEAD

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 4 14:26:23 CET 2008

Stefan Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> and I didn't quite understand this one:
> /root/radiusd/install-sh -c -m 755    checkrad.pl               /usr/local/freeradius/cvs/sbin/checkrad
> mkdir: `/usr/local/freeradius/cvs/sbin' exists but is not a directory

  Something installed a file to 'sbin' before the directory was created.
 So the file was install as 'sbin', rather than inside of the 'sbin'
directory.

  I don't see how this can happen... the top-level Makefile creates
$(sbindir) before dong ANYTHING else.  i.e. before trying to install
"checkrad.pl".  Are you sure you're doing "make install" from the *top*,
and not a sub-directory?