Fast roaming support

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 16:41:07 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> Are you talking about fast roaming as in WPA 2 Pre-Authentication fast
>> roaming ?
>>

>   No.  Fast session resumption for EAP-TLS methods (PEAP, TTLS, etc.)

I imagined that would be part of it, but possibly not after reading:

That suggests that the client authenticates to other access points in
the area, and caches the PMK information thus generating multiple
authentication sessions; instead of resuming the same session (which is
what I had assumed) using fast session resumption.

It's damn hard to find any solid technical information, it looks like
you have to have "Adopter Membership" ($5000 per anum) with the wifi
alliance before you can access anything resembling  an RFC.
>> If so I could help out with testing; I'm very keen to get this working
>> here with ever rising numbers of Wifi VOIP handsets  appearing on campus.
>>

>   What are the RADIUS requirements here?

TBH i'm not sure if there are any, if anyone could shed some light on
this I would be most greatfull.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer