Better logging && debugging

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 1 12:44:58 CEST 2008

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Yep the dynamic client stuff is definitely worthy of a 2.1* if you can
> get it so that it doesn't block the main server process !

  That's a lot harder to do, for a number of reasons.

> I'm up for enabling it on our production servers as an alternative to
> reading in the entire client list as load time, but with the current
> throttling limits that's not really possible.

  You're seeing long delays on startup, aren't you?  I'd suggest fixing
the DB...  it shouldn't take *that* log to do 1000 SQL queries.

  I think with small amounts of work, it could also dynamically read the
clients from the file system, too.  There's a bit of magic involved, but
not too much. :)

> As for the logging stuff, excellent work but, though still unsure about
> that syntax, could you add an 'execute but don't assign return value'
> construct?

  I'm not sure what you mean by that...  The new log stuff will be
documented in the "log" subsection of radiusd.conf.