Better logging && debugging

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 13:44:57 CEST 2008

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>>>   I think the next release could be called 2.1. :)
>>>

>> I agree.  the 2.0.2 - 2.0.5 feature set changes are not minor
>> increments. some major new abilities.... not quite 3.x stuff though ;-)
>>
>> alan
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>> http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html
>>
> Yep the dynamic client stuff is definitely worthy of a 2.1* if you can
> get it so that it doesn't block the main server process !
> I'm up for enabling it on our production servers as an alternative to
> reading in the entire client list as load time, but with the current
> throttling limits that's not really possible.
>
> As for the logging stuff, excellent work, though still unsure about
> that syntax. Could you add an 'execute but don't assign return value'
> construct?
> There are other uses like doing SQL insertswhere you only really care
> about the return code.
>
> Just think it'll confuse people.
>
> Arran

Sorry, still haven't woken up today...

As a side note, if anyone tries to sell you a HP ProCurve WESMzl
(Wireless Edge Service Module), pick up the nearest object of sufficient
mass and beat them round the head with it. These things are pure evil,
better than the AP530, but still evil.

A whole weekend wasted reading through the ~200 page manual and i'm
still no closer in getting the damn thing to function in a stable and
satisfactory manner. At random intervals for absolutely no apparent
reason, it will kick you out of it's management interface, or it's JAVA
based web interface will freeze up completely waiting for an SNMP response.
Just now it claimed it couldn't save the configuration... and yep it's
erased the startup-config... well that's just great.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,