checkrad not called after upgrade to 2.x and virtual servers.

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Wed Jul 2 13:54:26 CEST 2008

Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> Can I put this in bugzilla?  Seems like simultaneous use is completely
> broken in 2.x which is a fairly significant feature.

To me checkrad seems to be broken too. I'm using 2.0.5 without virtual servers.

Checkrad says, my NAS is Unknown when it is invoked, although I have it in
my clients.conf:

client testerx {
         ipaddr          = 212.x.x.x
         secret          = xxxxxxx
         nastype         = erx
}

radiusd -X
[...]
auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password
+- entering group session
         expand: /usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp ->
/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp
         expand: %{User-Name} -> smith
checkrad: Unknown NAS 212.x.x.x, not checking
++[radutmp] returns ok
Multiple logins (max 1) [MPP attempt]: [smith] (from client testerx port
1610612780 cli #erx705#E60#44)
   Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
   WARNING: Unknown value specified for Post-Auth-Type.  Cannot perform
requested action.
Sending Access-Reject of id 88 to 212.x.x.x port 50000
         Reply-Message := "\r\nYou are already logged in - access denied\r\n\n"
Finished request 2.
[...]

For our customers I have Simultaneous-Use := 1 in my users-file and checkrad
is invoked, when a stale session in radutmp is found:

# radwho -ir
smith,04279558,PPP,S1610612780,Wed 12:2,212.x.x.x,x.x.x.x

It is possible, that in 2.0.3 checkrad was ok, because I noticed no problems
with Simultaneous-Use there ... but maybe accidentally.

Is it really a bug in freeradius-2.0.5?

oz