checkrad not called after upgrade to 2.x and virtual servers.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Wed Jun 25 19:01:55 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
  >   In theory, yes.  The issue (IIRC) is that the client is either tied to
> a virtual server, or to a specific "listen" section.  The API used by
> checkrad hasn't been updated to handle some of the new features, so the
> client isn't being found.
>
>   Part of the issue is that in 2.0, the client can be defined *multiple*
> times, with *different* shared secrets.  It can be difficult to say
> which one to use.
>
>   If it's OK to find the client that is tied to the virtual server, that
> should be possible.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Any thoughts on a workaround?  I defined my nas a second time without
the virtual server context and I get this in my debug:

Failed to add duplicate client x.x.x.x
/etc/freeradius/raddb/clients.conf[303]: Failed to add client x.x.x.x

At this point I'm not sure how to get this working since it doesn't
recognize the client when defined with a virtual server, nor will it
allow me to define a second client in the global context.

Thanks,
schu