length of data greater than 253

Cristian Novac cristian.novac at alcatel-lucent.ro
Wed Mar 26 17:05:08 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Cristian Novac wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to know what happens with attributes whitch are greater
>> than 253 B. Whether they are still sent or truncated, or...
>>

>   The RADIUS protocol does not support attributes larger than 253
> octets.  FreeRADIUS will not let you use strings larger than 253 octets.
>  It will either give you an error, or silently truncate the strings.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Thank you for the explanations!
What do you think? It could be possible to make radius deal with such
situations(larger than 253 octets attributes)? If you think it is, I
would like to give it a try.
In case it is possible, may you tell me please what part of the source
code should I give attention in order to solve this.

Thank you!