length of data greater than 253

Cristian Novac cristian.novac at alcatel-lucent.ro
Thu Mar 27 10:34:24 CET 2008

wlan at mac.com wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Cristian Novac wrote:
> [...]
>> I think this solution may work for me too(splitting the attribute);
>> could you tell me how have you done this?because implicitly
>> freeradius doesn't do the split;
>> Do you have a patch for this?
>
> No patch required, as you are just inserting vendor specific
> attributes and coding the logic behind the VSAs.
>
> Assuming you are using a VSA (which always requires a bit of client
> and server support), you can chunk up your data into individual
> attributes and insert them in order into the request. Server-side,
> simply reassemble - much like an EAP-Message.

I would like to be able to put in a reply list of attributes of a user,
in "users" file from the server,one attribute whitch is longer than 253
B; then...radius server to process this attribute and split it in two or
more new attributes. Could you just tell what part of the source code
should I concern about in order to do this....