FreeRADIUS PHP Module rlm_php

John Holden john at nowirz.com
Fri Mar 28 16:35:01 CET 2008

Hello all.

Despite earlier discussion on the woes of using PHP scripts to process
requests, I've been developing a module to embed PHP in a (striking)
similar approach used by the rlm_python module.  Essentially, you can
define a PHP function for any of the available rlm hooks
(authentication, authorization, acct, checksimul, proxy, etc), and those
functions will be called by the embedded PHP interpreter when
appropriate, returning a status value, and config and reply attributes.

The result is functional, but not without a few bugs.  I must admit my C
programming skills are a bit rusty, but I believe I've got a reasonable
first stab at this.

One of the major problems I seem to be having is properly handling
threading (it tends to crash unless I start radiusd with the -s option).

Would anyone be willing to take a look at what I've put together?  If
so, where how should I share the code?
All feedback is welcomed. Thanks,

John

--