radiusd process just dies after EAP State issue....(2.0.3)

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon May 5 16:08:47 CEST 2008

hi,

been looking at 2.0.4 changelog and commits etc but
unsure as to whether this issue may have been resolved...I'm
sure I've seen it in some other posts to the devel/users
lists though.

basically, the FR radiusd sees an EAP that it doesnt like/know the
State of and then it all just dies. it appears to handle one more
request/process and then blam.

heres the radiusd log...

Mon May  5 12:58:44 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: No EAP session matching the State variable.
Mon May  5 12:58:44 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: Either EAP-request timed out OR EAP-response to an unknown EAP-request
Mon May  5 12:58:44 2008 : Auth: Login incorrect: [acxx3] (from client wism port 29 cli 00-1B-63-BF-C4-A0)

our PERL logs - which log all the RADIUS REQUEST and RESPONSE packets dont log anything -
so it doesnt get as far as running any post_auth stuff.

alan