udpfromto works for the server but not from radclient

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Aug 5 00:53:47 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Joe Maimon wrote:
>> The server operates properly and returns responses from the correct ip
>> addresses out of multiple on the server, but the radtest client refuses
>> to run and returns
>>
>> radclient: socket: cannot initialize udpfromto: Function not implemented
>
>   Weird...

I think its probably a misuse of library calls. It seems to work
properly if I put in an ip address instead of "localhost".

>> The server does not operate correctly when built without udpfromto.
>
>   Huh?  That shouldn't make any difference.
>
>   What does it mean to say "not operate correctly"?

Sorry -- It means it does not operate correctly when I have the server
bind to multiple addresses, such as on loopback interfaces where I am
using an anycast style setup, replies come back from the wrong address.

In other words, the functionality is required.