Need help for configuration authorization with LDAP

Steffen Langhammer langhammer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:27:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have to do:
- On the wlan-client a LDAP-User with his password should logon wit PEAP
Credentials.
- The LDAP-User should get an authorization if username and passwort is
right AND if he is in LDAP a member of group "wlanclients"

I have done:
- the freeradius 2.1.6 Server is running
- if LDAPUser and it's password is right, the client is getting access

I need help:
- I was creating a definition of the groupmembershipfilter in the ldap
configuration file:

groupmembership_filter =
"(|(&(objectclass=groupofnames)(member=%(control:Ldap-UserDN)(cn=wlanclient)))"
groupmembership_attribute = member
compare_check_items = yes

The result for member is: "cn=steffen,ou=company"
it's the same as the user from login

I think my definition is wrong, what I have to do ?

So I need a sample for a user which is member in group of wlanclient.
If he's not a member he is not allowed to get authorization.

Thank you and best regards
Steffen