udpfromto works for the server but not from radclient

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 11 09:46:15 CEST 2009

Joe Maimon wrote:
> Is there any compelling reason to have udpfromto in the radclient code
> path?

  Not really.  It's just easier to use a common API to create sockets

> If the server only sockets on a single address, I assume it will work
> fine, but only on that address. I need the server to have listening
> sockets on at least three addresses.

  That's not quite what I meant.

  If you have 3 "listen" sections, each using:

	ipaddr = 192.168.x.y

  What does it do?  Does it send packets from the correct source IP?

> I am using fairly recent git.

  I find it a little hard to understand how it can choose the wrong
source IP for responses.

  Why do you need udpfromto support?