Problem with Vendor ID greater then 32767

Rafael Ugolini rafael.ugolini at vexcorp.com
Wed Aug 12 03:12:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was trying to use VSA with my private enterprise number registered with IANA (as describe in the documentation) and I found a little problem.

In dict.c at dict_addvendor function you have this:

if (value >= 32767) {
fr_strerror_printf("dict_addvendor: Cannot handle vendor ID larger than 65535");
return -1;
}

and my number is 34045, so I got a return -1.

So, after this I was looking for more of this limitation with vendor id, and I found one more in rlm_eap_ttls.c,

I attached the patch to solve this problem.

Ty,

Rafael Ugolini
Vex - Engineering Coordinator
rafael.ugolini at vexcorp.com