CISCO_ACCOUNTING_HACK

Gabriel Blanchard gabe at teksavvy.ca
Mon Aug 17 19:40:14 CEST 2009

On 17-Aug-09, at 1:32 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

> you should not hit this issue if your kit os okay.

huh? Not following the above sentence at all.
> there shouldnt be stops with zero session lengths etc.

I agree, but it's still technically possible to connect and disconnect
within less than 1 second. And well Cisco and Juniper do definitely
send Stops with zero session lengths.

> most of us buffer our SQL accouting stanza with plenty of protecting
> padding to ensure its only called when conditions are sane...
>
> perhaps such a config should be supplied with FreeRADIUS
> as a default?

perhaps.  Do you have some kind of example? I don't think it's
documented.

-Gabriel