FreeRADIUS and OpenSSL Linkage

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 11:21:51 CET 2009

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> [snipped]
>
> 2) remove rlm_otp from the "stable" module list.  It's not being
> maintained, and I'm not sure anyone is using it.
>
>  This will make life easier for package maintainers, as they can just
> configure --without-rlm_otp.  The result will be a version of the server
> that can be linked with OpenSSL on Debian-based systems.
>
>  Thoughts?

I was thinking of using playing with EAP-GTC and OTP's at some stage,
probably more likely EAP-TTLS/OTP or something if such a thing can be
put together.

Of course 'some stage' is after the 101 other things more pressing I
have to do...

Users can obviously not be trusted with passwords, SecureW2 with
jfreesafe[1] would make for a nice combination.

Cheers

Alex

[1] http://stuff.digriz.org.uk/mobile/jfreesafe.jad

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Don't say "yes" until I finish talking.