rlm_fastusers

Gabriel Blanchard gabriel at teksavvy.com
Wed Jan 21 15:49:41 CET 2009

So I am in the process of upgrading from freeradius 1.x to 2.x. I have
scripts that check if my radius configuration is correct before I
actually run radiusd. I'm more specifically interested in checking if
my fastusers file syntax is correct before loading it.

I found out that by running radiusd -n radiusd-test -C -X it wouldn't
check my fastusers module at all.

  Module: Linked to module rlm_fastusers
  Module: Skipping instantiation of fastusers

After some more digging I found that the module needs to have a type
flag of "RLM_TYPE_CHECK_CONFIG_SAFE" for it to check. Now I'm not sure
if I should just blindly change the source code and add this flag in
the module or not. Should I just try it and report back if it works?