lowercase User-Name

Gabriel Blanchard gabe at teksavvy.ca
Thu Jul 16 14:22:39 CEST 2009

We just upgraded all 3 of our radius servers from 1.x to 2.x and
noticed that freeradius 2.x is case sensitive for the User-Name
attribute. I've searched the mailing list and found that the only
"hack" available is to run a perl script as a module that lowercases
the username.

Yes I understand that I really shouldn't be doing this in the first
place but this caught me off guard so I had to get it going with the
perl script.

Anyways, is there any better option? Should I just submit a patch that
would allow to give the option to lowercase it like 1.x used to do?
(As far as I can tell anyway).

-Gabe