Possible issue with copy-acct-to-home-server relaying

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Mar 15 16:52:18 CET 2009

Hi,

> I have noted that at the beginning of running the process, in debug, it
> will poll and sleep, poll and sleep. After proxying for a while the
> polling seems to become faster and I don't see the "Waking up in 0.8
> seconds." messages any more. What I do see is "Polling for detail file"
> messages going up the screen very fast.

ooh. crunchy!

there was a recent change to the server core to allow the
detail poller to have a configurable time value - was hard
coded to 1 second before...and thus you get those 'Waking up...'
messages every second...now, that value can be configured..and
if that value gets borked somehow - overwritten or reduced
then this will result in what you see.

alan