GIT Log for 2009-03-29 23:33 GMT

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:29:50 CEST 2009

On 30/3/09 08:01, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Wait... shouldn't this be -* (and -~) ?
>
>    There's a -* ?

No but there's a -=, wouldn't -=* make more sense ?

>    Or, what would be a bit more sane:
>
> 	filter permit {		# permits only these
> 		Foo = bar
> 	}
>

> 	filter delete {
> 		Foo == bar	# delete all matching
> 	}

Which attribute list are those being applied to?

Personally I think prefixing *all* the attribute removal operators with
'-' would allow users to better deduce their meaning.

For example, I can see the logic behind '==' removing every attribute
that doesn't match, but I think it would be easier for the layman to
infer what -!= does.

Most of the time I can see method to the madness, just not with
attribute removal operators :)

Arran
--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,